Blue Sky thinking

For the last few months I've been keeping an eye out for invites to Blue Sky - an alternative to Twitter / X, where I have a large number of followers (almost 8000) which I have built up over a period of 15 years.

The changes since Elon Musk took over have degraded the experience, increased the pointless ads, and also connected the experience of using Twitter - now renamed as X for some pointless reason - with the views of Elon Musk - someone with the money to change the world for the better... but whose businesses are changing it for the worse.

I even offered a free copy of my book: 'Why Study Geography' for a working Blue Sky code.

Finally, thanks to the author Julian Hoffman, who is working away on his latest book, I received a code earlier today and set up my new account.

My follower account is currently rather lower than 8000... but I'm finding a few familiar names there, and will connect with others in the weeks and months ahead I'm sure.

I'm also taking the chance to widen the accounts that I follow to have an alternative network experience.


See you there perhaps - please follow if you are and I'll follow you back. 

Hopefully I'll get some invite codes to share in due course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jonathan Meades on Sustainability

On the trail of the 'Detectorists'