Chumby

Just fired up my old Chumby for the first time in a few years and discovered that the feeds had closed down...
I bought it when it first arrived in the UK and it's a pity to see that it now has limited functionality. I hope that a solution can be found.



The Chumby feeds off the WiFi and generates a range of feeds and widgets which can be customised.
I used to have mine working to show Facebook feeds, clocks, news, weather etc.
I had to limit the use because of my limited data connection. Ironically that wouldn't be a problem with the increased bandwidth which most home users now have, but this would increase the data that needed to be sent to the devices, hence the cost of maintaining the service presumably...

I hope the Chumby comes back to life again...

Any other Chumby users out there ?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jonathan Meades on Sustainability

On the trail of the 'Detectorists'