Very flat, Norfolk

Thanks to those who came along to my lecture last night at Easton College, near Norwich.
It was my Presidential lecture for the GA Norfolk branch, and a joint event with the Royal Geographical Society and thanks once again to the Stannards for their hospitality and organisation.
The presentation I used is below, although you won't get the full story of course without the 50 minutes of me talking over it...

There were some interesting comments after the lecture with respect to the (inevitably) partial nature of the presentation: some areas of Norfolk were not featured to the degree that others would have expected, and perhaps reflects my own knowledge and experiences of the county.
There was little mention of Broadland, and nothing on Breckland, although I passed through both within the last fortnight.
Also some discussion on the political importance of place, and some of the potential future changes in Norfolk's landscape...

Thanks to all those who contributed to the lecture, particularly those who told me their "5 words that they thought of..." the results of that can be seen within the presentation....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jonathan Meades on Sustainability

On the trail of the 'Detectorists'