RIP The Professor

So sad to hear the news tonight that Neil Peart has passed away at the age of 67....
He was a part of my life for over 40 years, and Rush have to be one of the three bands that I have played the most whether on LP, CD or streamed on Spotify. I was privileged to see him play live 6 or 7 times I think from 1982 onwards, to the final live gig on the Time Machine tour in 2012 - regretting not seeing them on the Clockwork Angels tour now.... what a musician...
One of my favourite videos is when Peart laid down a drum track for his friend Matt Scannell from Vertical Horizon. The enjoyment of Matt as his friend and hero plays drums for him is infectious, and the drum track is awesome.... There are so many Rush tracks I could embed here... but check this out first...



And then check out Red Barchetta live from that Time Machine tour....
Rest in peace Neil...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jonathan Meades on Sustainability

On the trail of the 'Detectorists'